Easy Habits of Happy People
Focus on the ability to be happier in life than you ever imagined you could be, and enjoy life to the fullest! Happiness comes from the feelings of joy, wonder, and satisfaction from your inner self, so forget external joys and concentrate on what’s inside for everlasting happiness.
1. This Moment Is All You Have
• Stop thinking about the past, or worrying about the future—focus on today, and today only.
• You can’t control what will happen two hours from now—enjoy the small details of your day such as sipping a perfect cup of coffee, talking to your family, and moving through your day with ease.
• The single moment is where happiness is—how happy you are in it is all up to you!
2. Be Grateful for Each Second
• If you find it difficult to “enjoy the moment,” focus on giving thanks for what this moment represents: good health, a roof over your head, a sense of your spirituality, an exciting date to look forward to …
• Give your appreciation to each moment—that will attract more good things to come!
3. Focus on Your “Happy Place”
• The beach, a quiet room, a concert performed by your favorite band—pick your own happy place and redirect your energy and perspective to something that makes you feel good!
• Your “happy place” can be anything—a person, place or thing that improves the way you feel about yourself.
• Visualize being there, and take in everything it offers. Repeat throughout your day, “I take love, peace and kindness with me everywhere I go.”
4. Remember That You Can’t Control Much—Except for Your Thoughts
• You can’t control what other people do—don’t attach yourself to what they can or can’t provide you, as only you can give yourself happiness.
• Control your thoughts with positive affirmations and visualizations. “I can create the perfect reality for my life as I see fit, and it looks like this …”
5. Get Excited Like a Toddler Does
• Life too serious these days? Get down on the ground, and mimic what a child looks at and how he/she sees the world.
• Laugh at the things children do, and be silly for the sake of it
• Try this: Lie down outside on your back, and stare up at the trees and sky! (The world looks fun from this angle!)
6. Take Your Dog Out for a Walk (and Let Him Lead!)
• Dogs can perk your mood right up—take yours for a walk and don’t control him, just let him walk you for a change.
• Track where he goes, and takes pictures of him throughout the walk—get outside your own life by watching his. Does he love a particular flower, or does he head for the hills?
7. Give Your Time Away
• Give your time to others, and you’ll instantly feel happy.
• Contribute to any cause you’re passionate about—smile, and get to know those you’re helping. Ask questions about their lives and make them feel as if they matter.
• Focus on the difference you’re making in someone’s life, and make a monthly commitment (or whatever works with your schedule).
• Repeat this affirmation: “I make a difference in the lives I touch, and they make a difference in mine.”
8. Finger Paint
• Paint using only your hands.
• Follow your instincts, and trust the process of finger painting—it will allow you to express yourself while blending together the perfect assortment of colors!
• Don’t give yourself “rules” for coloring. Just freely glide your hand into the paint, and paint as you may.
9. Write Your Heart Out
• Stressed out? If it’s because of a particular person (a demanding boss, insensitive boyfriend/girlfriend, etc.) write out a mock letter (which you don’t have to send).
• Write freely, with no reservations about what you have to say.
• Don’t censor yourself—the very act of writing can be a great way to purge negative feelings that prevent happiness.
• After writing the letter, read it out loud and throw it away.
10. Get to Know Where You Came From
• Find someone in your family (an older relative such as a grandparent, uncle or aunt) who can recall memories about his or her early life, or fascinating periods of history.
• Learn where you came from, and what perspective your family members have about things you could never experience yourself. This is a rich way to learn about them, yourself and the world.
• Gain a fresh perspective by listening to their stories, and improve your own happiness and appreciation.
A Few Last Words …
Happiness is all about the feelings you generate within. Focus on reconnecting with family members, giving back to your community and taking the time to have a child’s perspective. When you do, you’ll see that you hold the power over your own happiness!
Ready to Manifest a Happy and Fulfilling Life?
✅ How to FINALLY Manifest a Happy, Love Filled Life